SaferHavant > Anti-social behaviour

Anti-social behaviour

PoliceThe Safer Havant Partnership has used feedback from local residents and detailed crime analysis to identify anti-social behaviour as one of their three main priorities.

Anti-social behaviour is a broad term that can include litter and flytipping, rowdy and drunken groups, noisy motorbikes and vandalism.  All these issues can cause a major disruption in the local community and prevent local people carrying on as normal.

Reporting anti-social behaviour

If in the last six months you have experienced persistent anti-social behaviour that is disrupting the lives of the community, then we need to know about it.  There are a number of ways that you can let us know about the problems you are experiencing, including calling 101 or contacting your local Police Safer Neighbourhood Team.

You can also collect your own evidence in the form of diary sheets, which can be passed to your local beat officer.  If you do not know who this is you can enquire at your local police station and someone will help you.  This evidence can also be used if an Anti-Social Behaviour Order (ASBO) is applied for through the courts.

Follow the links below for blank diary sheets that you can print off and an example of a completed diary sheet.  If you do not have access to a printer you can request diary sheets from your local Safer Neighbourhood Team.

Anti Social Behaviour Orders

Anti-Social Behaviour Orders are intended to put an end to persistent and serious anti-social behaviour that makes life a misery for communities.  If someone breaches their ASBO the police can arrest them and they may be given a prison sentence.

Neighbour Disputes

Disputes between neighbours are a civil matter and are not classed as anti-social behaviour.  If you are having problems with your neighbours you should be seeking independent advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau.  Follow the links below for more information on dealing with neighbour disputes.


Alcohol can be a major factor in anti-social behaviour, criminal damage and nuisance and public place violent crime.



Contact us

023 9244 6019